What you must know before you sign a lease
At the start of every tenancy, we will give you:
- a copy of this information (the New tenant checklist) - Click to download handbook.
- a copy of your lease (tenancy agreement)
- a copy of the premises condition report
- an invitation to lodge the bond using Rental Bonds Online (RBO). Or, if you are unable to use RBO, a bond lodgement form for you to sign, so that it can be lodged with NSW Fair Trading
- keys to your new home.
Where applicable, you should also receive:
- a certificate of compliance for a swimming pool
- a copy of the by-laws, if the property is in a strata complex
- notification if the premises has been listed on the Loose-Fill Asbestos Insulation Register (more on that later)
- notification of any other material fact relating to the premises
- Before you sign the lease, make sure you read it thoroughly. If there is anything in the lease that you do not understand, ask questions.
Remember, you are committing to a legally binding contract with no cooling-off period. You want to be certain you understand and agree to what you are signing.
Source: NSW Fair Trading